So, you want to delete your Instagram account. Whether you’re tired of the platform, concerned about privacy, or simply ready to move on, it’s easy enough to do. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to delete your Instagram account in just a few minutes.
How to delete your Instagram account
If you’re ready to say goodbye to Instagram, there are a few different ways you can go about deleting your account. You can deactivate your account, which will temporarily disable your profile and remove your photos, comments, likes, and followers. Or, you can permanently delete your account, which will erase everything you’ve ever posted on Instagram.
If you want to keep your photos and videos but get rid of everything else, follow these steps to deactivate your account:
1. Log into Instagram and go to your profile page.
2. Tap the Edit Profile button.
3. Scroll down and tap Temporarily disable my account in the bottom section.
4. Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you disabling your account? and tap Submit.
5. Enter your password when prompted and tap Temporarily Disable Account.
Your account will be deactivated for as long as you like, but if you decide you want to come back later, all you have to do is log in with your username and password—everything else will still be there waiting for you.
To permanently delete your Instagram account:
1. Log into Instagram and go to your profile page.2 2. Tap the Edit Profile button again.3 3. Scroll down and tap Permanently delete my account at the bottom of the page 4 4 . Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are
Why you should delete your Instagram account
If you’re considering deleting your Instagram account, there are a few things you should keep in mind. For one, you’ll lose all of your photos, followers, and likes. If you have a business on Instagram, this will also delete your business profile. In addition, any apps or services that are connected to your Instagram account will no longer have access to your information.
There are a few reasons why someone might delete their Instagram account. Maybe they’re just tired of the platform and want to take a break from social media. Or, they could be concerned about privacy and security after hearing about recent data breaches at Facebook (Instagram’s parent company). Whatever the reason, if you’re sure you want to delete your account, here’s how to do it.
How to disable your Instagram account
If you’re ready to say goodbye to Instagram, you can delete your account at any time. Here’s how:
1. Open the Instagram app and sign in.
2. Tap your profile picture in the bottom right corner.
3. Tap Edit Profile.
4. Scroll down and tap Temporarily disable my account.
5. Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you disabling your account? and tap Next.
6. Re-enter your password and tap Temporarily Disable Account.
What happens when you delete your Instagram account?
When you delete your Instagram account, all of your photos, videos, comments, likes, and followers will be permanently deleted. If you’d like to take a break from Instagram but don’t want to delete your account, you can temporarily disable your account instead.
How to reactivate your Instagram account
If you’ve decided that you want to reactivate your Instagram account, there are a few easy steps you can follow to get started. First, open the app and log in with your username and password. Once you’re logged in, tap on the Profile tab (the icon with the person silhouette). Then, tap on the Edit Profile button (the pencil icon). Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on Reactivate Your Account. Follow the prompts to confirm that you want to reactivate your account. Once your account is successfully reactivated, you’ll be able to start using it again just like before!
There are a number of reasons why you might want to delete your Instagram account. Maybe you’re fed up with the platform, maybe you’re concerned about your privacy, or maybe you just need a break from social media. Whatever your reason, deleting your Instagram account is actually pretty easy to do. Just follow the steps in this article and you’ll have everything taken care of in no time.