Criminal Defense Attorney Austin
Austin criminal defense attorney, Tony Buzbee, is an experienced lawyer who has defended clients against a variety of charges. He has handled cases ranging from misdemeanors to felonies, and his years of experience have taught him a few things about how the criminal justice system works. If you have been charged with a crime, don’t hesitate to contact Tony Buzbee for help.
What is a Criminal Defense Attorney?
A criminal defense attorney is someone who represents people who have been accused of a crime. They will work to get their client the best possible outcome in court. Some common tasks of a criminal defense attorney include gathering evidence, defending the client during trial, and helping to negotiate a settlement.
The Different Types of Crimes a Criminal Defense Attorney Might Represent
When you’re accused of a crime, the last thing you need is a lawyer who doesn’t know what they’re doing. If you’re innocent, you need an attorney who is going to fight for your rights, and if you’re guilty, you need an attorney who’s going to work to get you the best possible outcome. Here are some of the different types of crimes a criminal defense attorney might represent:
– Petty theft: This offense generally refers to taking something that doesn’t belong to you without intending to permanently deprive the victim of it. A petty thief could be charged with a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the value of the item taken and whether or not any harm was done as a result.
– Fraud: This crime involves deception or misrepresentation in order to obtain money, property, or other benefits from someone else. Fraud can take many different forms, including pretending to be someone else online or over the phone, making false claims about your qualifications, and stealing money from someone by pretending to be them in a loan agreement.
– Drug charges: If you’re accused of possessing drugs illegally, your criminal defense lawyer will likely try to get those charges dropped or reduced.
What are the Steps in a Criminal Defense Process?
When someone is charged with a crime, they are immediately faced with a difficult decision: Plead guilty and hope for leniency, or fight the charges and risk imprisonment or even death. The criminal defense process can be daunting, but it is essential to have an experienced attorney on your side if you are facing charges. Here are the steps in a criminal defense process:
1. The first step in any criminal defense is to get an evaluation from a lawyer. This evaluation will help the lawyer determine which strategy is best for you and your case. There is no single right or wrong answer to this question, and the lawyer will make this determination based on your individual facts and circumstances.
2. Next, the lawyer will investigate the charge against you. This includes looking into any evidence that has been collected against you and talking to any witnesses who may have relevant information. In some cases, the lawyer may be able to get access to police documents that were not made available to the public.
3. The next step is to develop a strategy for defending you in court. This includes discussing possible defenses with your lawyer and researching applicable law. If you elect to have a trial, your lawyer will also
How Much Does a Criminal Defense Attorney Charge?
This is a common question that criminal defense attorneys hear. The answer, unfortunately, depends on a number of factors, such as the severity of the charge and the lawyer’s experience. However, on average, most criminal defense attorneys charge between $1,500 and $5,000 for an initial consultation and between $750 and $2,500 per hour in court.
If you have been accused of a crime, the best thing to do is hire an experienced criminal defense attorney. Attorney Austin has more than 20 years of experience defending people who have been charged with crimes all across Texas. He will work tirelessly to get you the best possible outcome in your case, regardless of the severity of the allegations against you. If you are looking for an attorney who knows how to defend clients in court, Attorney Austin is your man.